10 Top MBA colleges in Kerala
The student who is passionate about doing an MBA must search and collect information about the top best B-schools in Kerala to ensure better training and placement opportunities as per the dream. The student has to conduct research to find out the list of best colleges and sort out the list according to the priorities. The top colleges can ensure quality training and career guidance over a 2 year MBA program. The 10 top most MBA colleges in Kerala are listed below. There are many other colleges already existing in the state with high positive feedback and provide quality training. But the listed colleges are well renowned branded colleges where every student dreamt to join in future.
The 10 Top MBA Colleges in Kerala
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIMK)
- Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies, Kochi (RCBS)
- SCMS Cochin School of Business, Cochin
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut (NITC)
- Saintgits Institute of Management, Kottayam (SIM)
- Marian International Institute of Management, Kuttikkanam (MIIM)
- DC School of Management and Technology, Idukki (DCSMAT)
- Farook Institute of Management Studies, Calicut (FIMS)
- Mar Athanasios College for Advanced Studies, Thiruvalla (MACFAST)
- Rajadhani Business School, Thiruvananthapuram (RBS)
These are the major MBA colleges situated within Kerala and each college has different fee structure and training. The entrance test accepted by each college is also varied according to their level of training.
Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIMK)
It is an autonomous public school located in Calicut (Kozhikode), Kerala which set up in 1996 by Government of India in collaboration with the State Government. It is one of the 20 Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) and it established as the 5th IIM. The key motto of the institute is ‘Diligence leads to Excellence’ and the institute conducts a full range of educational activities in the field of management which covers its research, teaching, training and intellectual infrastructure development. The institute focuses on improving the student’s analytical skill on global and cross-cultural issues that align with the current business demands.
- IIM Kozhikode hosts a fully automated library & information centre, one of the centres of development of digital libraries in the world
- Institute created the Indian Business Museum in 2010 included the contribution of India’s business leaders and the history of trade commerce and business industries in India.
- Laboratory for Innovation, Venturing and Entrepreneurship (LIVE) is the business incubator and entrepreneurship development centre of the institute set up in 2016.
- The 2 year MBA Programme, Doctor of Business Administration, executive MBA and Post-Graduate Programme in Business Leadership are the major courses offered by the institute.
- CAT (Common Admission Test) is considered as the eligibility criteria.
Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies, Kochi (RCBS)
It is a private (Autonomous) Business school located in Kochi on 2009 affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU), Kottayam and is also approved by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The institute offers 3 different courses at a postgraduate level such as MBA, MHRM and PGDM.
- The selection to the campus is done on the basis of various qualifying entrance exams like CAT, KMAT, CMAT which is followed by GD and PI.
- Placement cell is allowed students’ to expand their wings and fly to achieve their dreams through campus placement sessions into well-reputed and renowned companies throughout the country.
- Average salary package in placement 2019 is Rs.7.9 LPA.
Marian International Institute of Management, Kuttikkanam (MIIM)
MIIM is one of the best MBA colleges in Kerala which is situated at Kuttikanam, which is a famous tourist place which imposes the eco-friendly campus equipped with modern technologies that support interactive and effective learning. The students are encouraged to actively participate in both academic and non-academic activities. It approved by the AICTE and NBA; and is affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
Why MIIM is a Top MBA College in Kerala?
- The average salary package offered through campus placement is 10 LPA.
- 95% placement in the last consecutive years
- The faculties are very friendly and helpful.
- The unique feature is the cool and refreshing climate
- The admission for MBA id based on CAT, CMAT and KMAT entrance exams.
- The digital library contains many online resources and pdf format books.
- ‘CALIGO’ is the best management fest in Kerala conducted by MIIM
- Personal mentoring and special training for placement and aptitude.
- Top MBA College in Kerala which provides the best extracurricular activities
- Weekly webinar from industry experts and leading entrepreneurs – Festival of Thinkers
- Cultural Talk with various universities and colleges all around the world,
SCMS Cochin School of Business, Cochin
The management institute located at Kochi which was established in 1976 accredited by the Accreditation for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) since 2003.
- Merit and work experience based scholarships
- International guest lectures
- Opportunity to travel abroad under international exchange programmes and earn a dual degree
- Placements with an average salary package of 5 to 15 LPA.
- CAT, KMAT, CMAT are the eligibility entrance tests.
National Institute of Technology, Calicut (NITC)
It is a public technical university and an institute of national importance governed by the NIT Act passed by the Parliament of India. The motto is ‘from Darkness, Lead us into Light’ and the institute established in 1961.
- It consists of one of the largest technical libraries in India.
- The institute has a digital library named ‘Nalanda’ which houses many online resources.
- The supercomputer named ‘Purna’ (Parallel Universal Remote Numerical Analyser) is accessible from anywhere in the campus.
- Admission for MBA can be secured by passing the CAT entrance exam.
Saintgits Institute of Management, Kottayam (SIM)
The institute established in 2006 and is a research-focused B school which is approved by the AICTE and affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Offers 2 programmes, MBA and PhD covers various management specializations.
- It has 2 centres of research namely Center for Financial Services and the Center for Sustainable Business & Tourism.
- The average salary package offered is 10 LPA.
- The admission is proceeded with qualifying the KMAT, CAT and CMAT entrance examinations.
DC School of Management and Technology, Idukki (DCSMAT)
The MBA program provided by the institute confirms the level of excellence one has to achieve in various aspects of management. It designed to incorporate perceptive research and get experience in various industry practices. The institute is approved by AICTE and also have a NAAC accreditation. It is also 9001:2008 certified.
- The eligibility criteria are qualifying the KMAT, CAT or CMAT entrance examinations.
- Value-based education which enhances the soft skills of the students.
- The motto is ‘Through Excellence to Transformation’.
Farook Institute of Management Studies, Calicut (FIMS)
The institute is a leader in the field of business education and a stalwart in the higher education scenario of North Kerala since 1948. The institute actually established in 2005. It offers the best management training with the motto of creating management professionals with a global outlook.
- It is affiliated to University of Calicut
- It has been accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council Bangalore
- Ensure better interaction between management institutions and industry
- The accepted exams are KMAT, CMAT and CAT.
Mar Athanasios College for Advanced Studies, Thiruvalla (MACFAST)
It is a post-graduate research institute established in 2001 with the objective of providing the best business training. It is affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam and approved by AICTE.
- The motto is to transform the young graduates into competent, responsible and value-driven professional managers.
- The pool of IIM trained and accredited faculty of management.
Rajadhani Business School, Thiruvananthapuram (RBS)
The college established in 2013 which is approved by AICTE and affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University. The institute is focusing to bridge the gap between academics and corporate practices. It is a student-centric industry-institute partnership which brig corporate leaders and are exposed to multiple opportunities.
These are top MBA colleges in Kerala and thus we discussed that the admission and the training provided by each college is different.